I just updated to the latest svn, and unveiled a bug that's evident
when using mixed-mode rendering in the PDF backend. I'm suspect I'm
the only one running my patch that enables set_rasterized on a
per-artist basis, so I'm the only one that's seeing it. :) Artists
that are left in vector mode are plotted correctly, while artists that
are rasterized are squished down toward the lower left corner of the
axes.

Looking at the svn log, I suspect it's the changes to the path
simplification code (r6847) doing something funky at the transforms
level. Is that the right place to start looking? Any tips on how to
track this down?

Thanks,
Eric

Sample code to reproduce the problem:

import numpy
from matplotlib.pyplot import subplot, get_cmap, scatter, colorbar, show
basecolors = get_cmap('gist_yarg')
colormap, normer = basecolors, None #LogNorm()
x = y = c = numpy.arange(10) +1
dummy = scatter(x,y,c=c,cmap=colormap)#, norm=normer)
cbar = colorbar(dummy)#, spacing='proportional',ticks=isolevels.levels)
dummy.set_rasterized(True)
dummy.figure.savefig('raster_test.pdf')