2013/1/16 Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu>:

[...]
>> $ ls /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/mpl-data/fonts/ttf/
>> LICENSE_STIX           STIXNonUniBol.ttf      STIXSizOneSymBol.ttf
>> STIXGeneralBolIta.ttf  STIXNonUniIta.ttf      STIXSizOneSymReg.ttf
>> STIXGeneralBol.ttf     STIXNonUni.ttf         STIXSizThreeSymBol.ttf
>> STIXGeneralItalic.ttf  STIXSizFiveSymReg.ttf  STIXSizThreeSymReg.ttf
>> STIXGeneral.ttf        STIXSizFourSymBol.ttf  STIXSizTwoSymBol.ttf
>> STIXNonUniBolIta.ttf   STIXSizFourSymReg.ttf  STIXSizTwoSymReg.ttf
>>
>> This should require asking permission for bundling, but not duplicating
>> as ttf stix font are not installed. Before asking for it, you may want to
>> look at the test results:

  BTW, note that asking for such permissions may take a very long time,
and may be "denied" unless there is a very convincing reason to bundle it...

>> http://pcpa.fedorapeople.org/matplotlib-2.7-mpl-data-with-bundled-stix-ttf.txt
>> Because I did not see any difference on the results, so I probably missed
>> some step...
>

> Did you turn USE_FONTCONFIG back to False?  font-config won't find fonts
> here, but matplotlib's built-in font lookup mechanism will.

  Ops :-) but I think something is still messed, maybe it is getting confused
by finding system STIX 1.1 before the bundled ones somehow:

http://pcpa.fedorapeople.org/matplotlib-2.7-bundled-stix-ttf+fontconfig=false.txt

> Mike

Paulo