Thanks Ian.

These examples occured when I processed large propriatary datasets. So far,
scipy's triangulation worked whenever matplotlib failed.

When we have a new implementation, it should be quite simple to check if it
works where it had previously failed.
Certainly easier than slicing the data to small chunks and trying to
distill a failing example of reasonable size as I did in this case.

So, "working"/"not working" test (possibly including some time
measurements) I can do on a fairly short notice.
Producing some more examples that fail with the current code might require
several hours of work, so would probably get delayed for a few weeks.

    Amit