We've finally squashed all of the bugs slated for 1.2.1, so I have tagged a 1.2.1rc1 for testing. This is a bugfix release, and improves on the overall quality of 1.2.0. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to fix a multitude of papercuts. I'll provide a more detailed list of changes in the announcement of the final version.

It can be downloaded from the SF files server here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/matplotlib/files/matplotlib/matplotlib-1.2.1rc1/matplotlib-1.2.1rc1.tar.gz/download

Packagers: I don't expect a lot of glitches as nothing significant has changed about the build since 1.2.0, but now is the best time to try to build for your various packaging systems and report back any problems. If all goes well, I plan to make a final release in approximately two weeks on March 25.

Cheers,
Mike