On 03/07/2013 06:48 PM, Russell E. Owen wrote:
> In article <5138eaf1.7040...@stsci.edu>,
>   Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu>
>   wrote:
>
>> We've finally squashed all of the bugs slated for 1.2.1, so I have
>> tagged a 1.2.1rc1 for testing.  This is a bugfix release, and improves
>> on the overall quality of 1.2.0.  Thanks to everyone who worked hard to
>> fix a multitude of papercuts.  I'll provide a more detailed list of
>> changes in the announcement of the final version.
>>
>> It can be downloaded from the SF files server here:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/matplotlib/files/matplotlib/matplotlib-1.2.1rc
>> 1/matplotlib-1.2.1rc1.tar.gz/download
>>
>> Packagers: I don't expect a lot of glitches as nothing significant has
>> changed about the build since 1.2.0, but now is the best time to try to
>> build for your various packaging systems and report back any problems.
>> If all goes well, I plan to make a final release in approximately two
>> weeks on March 25.
> I uploaded two Mac binaries to SourceForge:
> - A 10.3-compatible version built and tested on 10.4
> - A 10.6-compatible version built and tested on 10.8 (I should also test
> it on 10.6 but don't have time right now).
>
> They are both built against numpy 1.6.2, which is not ideal, but is the
> best I can do at the moment.

I think that's fine for now -- for the rc it's most important to just
make sure that working packages *can* be built.  We can reevaluate what
Numpy version to use for the final release, and let me know if we should
push back the final release date to accomodate rejiggering your
development environment etc.

Cheers,
Mike