Hi folks,

I'm getting the following error from a clean build of master on an
ubuntu 12.10 machine:

longs[junk]> python -c 'import matplotlib._png'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError:
/home/fperez/usr/opt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib-1.3.x-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/matplotlib/_png.so:
undefined symbol: png_create_read_struct

I hadn't seen anything like this recently, nor can I find similar
reports, so I'm wondering if anyone knows what's going on, or if it's
an error on my side.  I can try to bisect it but I figured I'd ask
first in case it's obvious to someone else...

Cheers,