Dear Sandro,

I must say I feel truly honoured. I never expected my humble complaint
would merit the attention of one of the Debian maintainters!

Well, thank you very much!

I will follow the directions you provided - as I understood, they will
result in the creation of a deb package for the latest version of
Matplotlib? This will be great!

I will report the results to you (and the Matplotlib-users lists) as
soon as possible.

With warmest regards,

--
Dr. Mauro J. Cavalcanti