On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 13:20, Mauro Cavalcanti <mauro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sandro,
>
> First of all, I apologize for the delay in replying -- yesterday was
> already late night here and I also had to fight (???) a "kernel panic"
> in my Linux box the cause of which is not yet clear (I also had it
> under Ubuntu Hardy and now it appeared in Intrepid -- under Hardy, I
> substituted my only RAM chip and the problem disappeared, but now I
> think the problem may be related to overheating -- it is the hottest
> tropical summer here down under!).
>
> Well, after following the steps you provided for creating the Debian
> package for MPL, and installing all required dependencies, I still
> could not create the package -- the reason is that the program keeps
> complaining about an older version of python-sphinx, even if I
> upgraded to the latest version it using easy_install... Maybe I will
> have to build sphinx from souce too?

Well, honestly I don't know and I don't want to invest too much time
on this: I'll provide the compiled packages (even if still temporary,
waiting for Matplotlib developers to release 0.98.5.3) tomorrow, and
then I'll post the location on the list. They will be for Debian Sid,
so they might not work "out of the box" and you might need to get
other packages from Debian and install into Ubuntu.

Regards,