On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Sandro Tosi <matrixh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 06:56, musik <xi.xiaoxi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want to make a plot with both y axes labeled. The one on the left (y1)
> > will be in Fahrenheit,  while the one on the right (y2) in Celsius. Is
> there
> > a way to do this?
>
> what you're looking for is [1]
>
> [1]
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/api/pyplot_api.html?highlight=twinx#matplotlib.pyplot.twinx

Well you can make it work that way, but I think what the original poster
wants is just to plot the data once, with one set of units on the left and
another on the right.  Using twinx would make two identical lines just to
make two different scales.  It seems to me that there *should* be an easier
way, but I'm not sure that one exists...

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant