Jae-Joon Lee wrote:
> def Tc(Tf): return (5./9.)*(Tf-32)
>
> ax1 = subplot(111) # y-axis in F
> ax2 = twinx() # y-axis in C
>
> def update_ax2(ax1):
>     y1, y2 = ax1.get_ylim()
>     ax2.set_ylim(Tc(y1), Tc(y2))
>
> # automatically update ylim of ax2 when ylim of ax1 changes.
> ax1.callbacks.connect("ylim_changed", update_ax2)
> ax1.plot([78, 79, 79, 77])

Thanks, this was also useful for me. I see that you are discussing
shortcomings of twinx -- so perhaps the following is one of those...

I was using this exact script with an additional

ax1.set_yscale('log')
ax2.set_yscale('log')

and the ticks seem to be messed up. I used 'ipython -pylab' with
matplotlib.__version__ '0.98.3'.

Is there something I can do to get the ticks only at the places i would
like them to be?

Thanks,
Sebastian.