On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:
> Well, the link is still not back, so I will probe you a bit further.  You
> say that axes_grid is provided for backward compatibility, does that mean
> that I should be using axes_grid1 for new code?  I have noticed differences
> in behavior if I import axes_grid versus axes_grid1.  For example, my
> colorbar labels wouldn't appear unless I used axes_grid1.
>
> Ben Root

Yes, axes_grid1 is recommended for new code.
The "axes_grid" in the svn actually imports the "axes_grid1" and
"axisaritst" modules.

With axes_grid1, I tried to fix some compatibility issue that
axes_grid had with the original matplolib. And I guess the colorbar
label issue was one of them. With axes_grid, the colorbar labels are
invisible by default, but they are visible in axes_grid1.

Regards,

-JJ