Hi,

I've installed matplotlib in a virtual environment but am having a problem
with generating a plot.
I've tried to run a "simple_plot.py" both as a script and from within the
ipython/python shell.

I've changed the backend in
virtualenvs/.../lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlig/mpl-data/matplotlibrc
to: "backend  : TkAgg"

from the within the virtualenv (regular python) shell I can:
>>> import _tkinter
>>> import Tkinter
>>> Tkinter._test()
(and the test window opens as expected)

My virtualenv sys.path includes:
"/home/virtualenvs/.../lib/python2.6/lib-tk'

When I try to use ipython -pylab (or run a script) I'm getting an error:

     .... import _tkagg
ImportError: No module named _tkagg

I'm assuming that there's a relatively simple fix for this related to the
"matplotlibrc" backend but can't for the life of me work out how to get it
fixed.   I'd be grateful for any help.

Many thanks,
Rob