Hello!

My name is David Mashburn, and I have been a very happy user of
matplotlib for almost 5 years now, so let me start by saying thank you
for this wonderful piece of software!  I has been a blessing to me!

I am creating a program that performs actions based on key commands in
matplotlib, and I keep bumping into conflicts with the interactive
keyboard navigation system.  Is there any way to bypass or disable some
or all of the keybindings hooked to interactive navigation?

By the way, I'm using the WxAgg backend if that matters.

Thanks!
-David