From: ben.r...@ou.edu
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:56:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] Import matplotlib.pyplot fails on windows XP
To: ecker...@hotmail.com
CC: matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 4:57 AM, eck naysmith <ecker...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I've installed the following Python packages on a Windows XP machine:

Python 2.6.5

Python 2.6 numpy-1.4.1

Python 2.6 matplotlib-0.99.3 [installer - matplotlib-0.99.3.win32-py2.6]

Python and Numpy work correctly. Matplotlib also works and as a test I tried
successfully the following on the python interpretor:

from matplotlib.pyplot import *
plot([1,2,3])
show()

A graph then appears and thus so far so good.

However, when I try to run a certain python script, a problem occurs when
importing from matplotlib:

Traceback (most recent
call last):
  File
"C:\Pythoncode\Games\Bridge_war_2\unitload2.py", line 2, in
<module>
    from matplotlib.pyplot
import plot, ylabel,xlabel, show
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pyplot.py", line
78, in <module>
    new_figure_manager,
draw_if_interactive, show = pylab_setup()
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\__init__.py",
line 25, in pylab_setup
    globals(),locals(),[backend_name])
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_tkagg.py",
line 7, in <module>
    import Tkinter as Tk,
FileDialog
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\lib-tk\FileDialog.py", line 12, in
<module>
    from Dialog import
Dialog
  File
"C:\Pythoncode\Games\Bridge_war_2\Dialog.py", line 2, in
<module>
    import  wx
ImportError: No module
named wx

The error is that your Windows XP box does not have the wxPython module
installed for Windows.

http://www.wxpython.org/download.php

I hope that helps,

Ben Root