On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:12 PM, unij <jdavidhei...@unisynmedical.com>wrote:

> I'm trying to use mplot3d in a Wx based application, and most things seem
> be working fine.  The one issue that keeps tripping me up is that the axes
> labels are drawn at a weird angle.  If I do the same type of plot without
> using wx, then this problem goes away.  I am completely stumped as to where
> to even begin looking to fix this problem, so I would appreciate any
> pointers you can give me.
>
> I've attached a screenshot showing what I am talking about - a simple plot
> where the axes labels look strange.
>

> http://old.nabble.com/file/p30184616/mplot3d.jpg

I can reproduce the weird angle issue, but I can't seem to find a backend
where it doesn't occur.  Could you run "import matplotlib; print
matplotlib.get_backend()" to determine which backend you are using when
everything looks ok?  Also, could you report the output of
"matplotlib.__version__"?

If it happens for all backends then the problem is in mplot3d/axis3d.py.
Unfortunately, the code there is a little light on commenting, but i don't
notice any glaring mathematical error off the bat.

Ben Root