Thank Daswson  & Sterling,
                   Got it, you meant the data should not have date and
longitude against each grid point instead should have only 2 vectors rather
than grid.
with best regards,
Sudheer

Sudheer Joseph
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services
Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India
POST BOX NO: 21, IDA Jeedeemetla P.O.
Via Pragathi Nagar,Kukatpally, Hyderabad; Pin:5000 55
Tel:+91-40-23886047(O),Fax:+91-40-23895011(O),
Tel:+91-40-23044600(R),Tel:+91-40-9440832534(Mobile)
E-mail:sjo.in...@gmail.com;sudheer.jos...@yahoo.com
Web- http://oppamthadathil.tripod.com