Dear Matpower Community,

I’m working on power flow project and have used grid data from database. I
have modelled all line parameters (R X B) in p.u. system, also same for
transformers and kept generator output until it satisfies active and
reactive  power demand. For renewable generation, I specified as negative
demand on respective buses. I checked all possibilities mentioned in  FAQ (
http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/#pfconvergence ) but couldn’t figure
out problem. Also I checked (case_info) to see any island but got full
system without island. To make the problem simple I used all buses as PQ
buses except one slack bus. Also my casefile converges for rundcpf but
fails to runpf and gives error like ‘Newton's method power flow did not
converge in 10 iterations.’ Also I found that when I use following code-

     opt  = mpoption('OUT_BUS', 0, 'OUT_BRANCH', 0, 'VERBOSE', 2);

   mpc  = loadcase('casefile');

 results =runpf(mpc,opt);

may be it gives me divergence of PQ mismatch instead of convergence.

MATPOWER Version 5.1, 20-Mar-2015 -- AC Power Flow (Newton)

 it    max P & Q mismatch (p.u.)

----  ---------------------------

  0         2.296e+01

  1         1.729e+01

  2         2.450e+03

  3         2.352e+03

  4         6.962e+06

  5         1.740e+06

  6         4.352e+05

  7         1.753e+07

  8         4.382e+06

  9         3.322e+06

 10         8.303e+05

Newton's method power flow did not converge in 10 iterations.

results =

        version: '2'

    baseMVA: 100

             bus: [1086x13 double]