Velocity documents are "mostly" xml-safe.  There are a couple bothersome
issues like relational operators < > and the occasional use of quotes.

Velocity produces text that must be parsed to perform XSLT transforms.
This new approach starts immediately with SAX events.  Unlike a
hypothetical "saxify", it doesn't require fully navigating the source
object graph.  Cool.

The downside is that it introduces yet another templating language
syntax.  What about borrowing the syntax of XSLT?  Presumably your web
developers are already using XSLT to handle the outgoing sax events, it
would be nice if they could leverage their existing knowledge.

Jeff

Troubleshooting