From: Roy Truelove
Sent: Fri 6/28/2002 10:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Mav-user] Where is model set?

Hey folks,

Just started with Maverick.. *excellent* job.. so far it looks like I
might
be a struts convert.

On to the question.. I'm looking at the friendbook-domify example (I'm
guessing that since the src is not included in this example, that it's
the
same as the jsp example?)  In the friends.java controller, I do not see
where the Model is added to the request scope.  In the
ControllerProtected
controller (if the user is not logged in) the Model is explicitly added
with
the fixupModelForLoginView() method.  Are there certain cases when a
model
needs to be explicitly added, and others cases when it's "figured out?"
or.. (and this is a shot in the dark) if no model is explicity added,
does
it just use the getxxx() methods on the controller?

If I'm missing something obvious, feel free to make fun.

Thanks for the help,
Roy