From: Stephan Visser
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 1:53 PM
Subject: RE: [Mav-user] Model doesn't get initialized?

Ok.. I got a bit further now (it actually works) but I am still confused...

I did the following to my example-code:

- Renamed Perform() to perform() (whoooo!!)
- Added to the perform method:
    this.setName(this.getCtx().getRequest().getParameter("first_name"));

Now, I discovered that in my class I actually have a private String Name
(mind the capital N!)

>From the JSP I can get to the value through <c:out value="${model.name}"/>
and NOT through <c:out value="${model.Name}"/>..... is that behaviour I
should expect?

Anyway, it works now and for the time being I'll just keep all my fields
lowercase to not get mixed up with the $model references from the JSP's....

Stephan.