Yep, that's exactly right.  The JavaBeans spec says that for a property
"nameOfBeer", the setter is:

public void setNameOfBeer(String value)

and the getter is:

public String getNameOfBeer()

The case matters.  However, some templating languages (like Velocity)
will compensate for you (JSTL doesn't).

It gets a little weirder.  If you have a boolean value, say "lightBeer",
there are two possible getters:

public boolean getLightBeer()
public boolean isLightBeer()

Since it's possible to have both of those methods on a class, one of
them takes precedence over the other (I don't remember which offhand).

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visser
> > Sent: donderdag 20 februari 2003 12:54
> > To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> > Subject: RE: [Mav-user] Model doesn't get initialized?
> >

> > Ok.. I got a bit further now (it actually works) but I am still
> confused...
> >
> > I did the following to my example-code:
> >
> > - Renamed Perform() to perform() (whoooo!!)
> > - Added to the perform method:

this.setName(this.getCtx().getRequest().getParameter("first_name"));

> > Now, I discovered that in my class I actually have a private String
Name
> > (mind the capital N!)
> >
> > From the JSP I can get to the value through <c:out
> value="${model.name}"/>
> > and NOT through <c:out value="${model.Name}"/>..... is that
behaviour I
> > should expect?
> >
> > Anyway, it works now and for the time being I'll just keep all my
fields
> > lowercase to not get mixed up with the $model references from the
> JSP's....
> >
> > Stephan.

Trial.