Issue 3 - You below example seems like a perfect fit for servlet filters.  Have a filter defined with your "runBusinessLogic" and mapped to the commands it applies to.
-----Original Message-----
From: David Cruwys [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2003 3:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Mav-user] Best Practices Please

>> Issue1:  Hmmm, I remember fixing a bug related to this.  Try using the CVS version of Maverick and let me know if it fixes the problem.  The FormBeanUser

I can't get CVS downloads to work from my system, I've tried a few times before with some Jakarta projects and have had no luck, is there another way of getting the latest source release for Maverick in a ZIP.

>> Issue3:  The friendbook example shows you how to redirect to the correct page after logging in when you went to a deep link without authenticating first.

>> You could make the redirect a forward instead if you want to.  In either case it goes to a different controller.  Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question?

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

In the middle of processing a controller, I may wish to end without returning a View id. instead, I might wan't to invoke a totally different controller based on some logic.

An example may clarify, (though this is not exactly what I'm after but you should get the idea)

the following URLs would call 3 differnt commands.

   http://server/app/runCmd1.m

   http://server/app/runCmd2.m

   http://server/app/runCmd3.m

each comand does what ever and returns a view string.

I would like to do something simmilar to the following

   http://server/app/runBusinessLogic.m

which would do its thing (business process) and return the view that needs to be displayed

or

   http://server/app/runBusinessLogic.m?foward=runCmd1

   http://server/app/runBusinessLogic.m?foward=runCmd2

   http://server/app/runBusinessLogic.m?foward=runCmd3

which would also do its (business process) but instead of returning a view string, it would execute another command (as stated in the foward key) and that command would return what ever view it wants.

Cheers Dave