On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Stephan Sokolow wrote:

> First, the bug:
> 1. Running mc inside screen at the Linux console prevents gpm mouse support
> from working.

Seems to be a gpm problem. See what I've got in my syslog:

*** warning [client.c(183)]: Failed gpm connect attempt by uid 500 for vc 0

I ran MC under debugger in linux console both with screen and in plain
console. When I am not running screen everything is normal. If I start
screen I get the above message both in syslog and printed on the console
... but the Gpm_Open() call doesn't report error. I'll try to research why
this happens but it is obvious that this problem is not MC related.