On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:

> Stephan Sokolow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> 2. Running mc inside screen inside Konsole (or Yakuake) prevents mouse
>> support unless explicitly run with the -x option.
>
> You will notice that If you have your $TERM set to something like
> screen(.*) then mouse actions do not work, this goes not only for mc, but
> for any other app (in my experience). However, if you set it to
> xterm(.*), then it works.
>
> I do not know if the reason for this is in screen, the terminal or the
> applications, but it is a little annoying.

MC recognizes only a couple of terminals as capable of xterm mouse
reporting. It reads the value of the TERM  variable and compares
it a against a fixed list of strings - i.e. xterm, Eterm, etc.
An alternative approach would be to to make this list user
configurable as suggested here:

   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?16910