Michael,

my doctoral research focused on the visitor experience using mobile augmented
reality in exhibitions, using the AR mobile app Skin & Bones
<http://naturalhistory.si.edu/exhibits/bone-hall/> that we produced at the
Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum as a case study.
Our project collected extensive quantitative and qualitative data from visitors
in the exhibition and from all users through analytics.
We expect the dissertation to be available sometime in March and several
articles to be published in museum journals around the same time or a little
after; it should provide good information for your purposes.
Best,
Diana

***
Diana Marques
www.dianamarques.com <http://www.dianamarques.com/>

Scientific Illustrator & Animator
Digital Media PhD, UT Austin | Portugal CoLab
Smithsonian Fellow, National Museum of Natural History