Shyam's being kind here. It's 2019. I can't believe I'm seeing that statement. If that's what they really said, it's completely unprofessional at this point.

OpenRefine is in a category unto itself. It's worth them spending some time "securing" it, if they're serious. But what they're really saying is "we want to control what software you use to make our jobs minimally easier." What they could be saying is "IT is about empowering the staff with tech, even when it's hard."

Matt Morgan
CTO
Curtis Institute of Music