Dear MeeGo friends!

Many people in your community wonder where to go since the Tizen
announcement. At a MeeGo meet in Tampere, many expressed concerns: can
we contribute to Tizen? How long will it last *this time*? How will
Samsung behave? I know many of you are concerned about loosing the great
community you've build.

I think Aaron was right when he said that you can't rely on big
companies. Figure out what you want and work towards it!

So, I invite you to a community which you already know. A community
which, like MeeGo, is young and vital. We developed the Open Build
Service. We looked beyond our borders when we did Smeegol and Ayatana.
openSUSE!

We do of course have a big, corporate sponsor: SUSE. But SUSE has shown,
many times already, to respect the wishes of its community. They even
support our efforts to set up an independent openSUSE Foundation!

We're an open community. No complicated, top-down governance like most
other large Linux distributions. Just FUN! The time is right: Andrew
"Smeegol" Wafaa recently started an effort to bring openSUSE to ARM and
a lot of progress has already been made.

In short, I would like to welcome you in openSUSE's arms. I believe
we're a great fit and you'll find openSUSE to be a place where you can
make a difference while having fun.

I suggest to join the opensuse-project+subscr...@opensuse.org mailing
list and start talking to us - tell us how we can help you. Obviously
you're very welcome at our IRC channels as well!

See you at openSUSE and have a lot of fun!

(wrote a tad more in my blog: http://bit.ly/pGPaRz)