(cc:ing to meego-dev as well since Jos originally wanted to post there,
too)

to, 2011-09-29 kello 21:40 +0200, Jos Poortvliet kirjoitti:
> Dear MeeGo friends!
>
> Many people in your community wonder where to go since the Tizen
> announcement. At a MeeGo meet in Tampere, many expressed concerns: can
> we contribute to Tizen? How long will it last *this time*? How will
> Samsung behave? I know many of you are concerned about loosing the great
> community you've build.

Thanks Jos for the invitation!

I have now written another "invitation" from Debian perspective and an
overview of the situation from my point of view at:

http://losca.blogspot.com/2011/10/from-meego-to-tizen-debian.html

In brief: do not fall in agony, there is a wide range of communities out
there. Just answer the Aaron Seigo's question about thinking about
evaluating own motives in contributing to for example MeeGo. Then choose
the communities (plural) you want to work in! Obviously it could be the
future Tizen community as well. But it could be openSUSE, Debian, Qt
project, KDE project, Mer, or any number of other possibilities. All of
them have some similarities with what MeeGo was.

-Timo