On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Arjan van de Ven
<ar...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 8/20/2010 8:51 AM, Tobias Renz wrote:
>>
>> Thanks already for your answers!
>>
>> The targeted device is like a measurement device. So It's not too
>> important to have MeeGo compliance as a label. Also we would have
>> an overview of all third party apps that we would let the customer install
>> or offer to him.
>> I guess that also 3rd party apps that would run with OpenGL in mind would
>> just run damn slow. But then we would just avoid such apps for our
>> customers.
>
> at some point you need to ask yourself... "am I still really using meego".

Is there a possibility for MeeGo adapting compliance for a different class/tier
of vertical markets? Or is this a path that just shouldn't be bothered with
for those of us wanting to use it (in a branded way, and working with the
project to define compatibility) on platforms that the originators aren't
interested in?

-Matt