Hi,

In recent months the MeeGo N900 Community Edition has been building steadily
on the MeeGo ARM side of things.
This is a little one sided and whilst amazing in principle is building
specifically for the N900

With the recent moves from Nokia to get the N950 out, the definition of the
N900-CE has expanded to include this.
However this is also not without issue, between the moslo and the Qt
Components compatability issues applications for MeeGo Harmattan are not
compatible by default with MeeGo.
The Qt Components and moslo issues can be resolved and once done will allow
building and running MeeGo apps which work on the CE as well as Harmattan.

This is an ideal opportunity to take this Community Edition a step further
and create a proper MeeGo-CE
A build of MeeGo using the available open components aimed across the
spectrum at handset and tablet devices using the best of our knowledge and
work.

Of course, this requires extensive work in the adaption levels to allow this
to occur.

The aim of meego is to aim for different device categories and the 1.3
builds seem to have stalled.
Most momentum is around the -arm side and moving and advancing this in to a
genera ATOM and ARM arena would allow best of all we have to offer.

What do you think?

Gary