Hello Iekku,

Let me summarise and see if I get this right:

(*) Bugs reported for N900CE (or other derivatives) that are fixed but still reproduced in N900 Vanilla images:

- Set status to RESOLVED/FIXED
- Remove N900CE keyword
- Add comment that it is verified for N900CE
(It could be useful to add a comment stating that it is still reproduced in Vanilla image too)
- Set status to VERIFIED only once the fix arrives to Vanilla image.

The current procedures goes like that?, if I follow you right?, This sounds good for me.

Now, my main concern and I also propose here a way to handle such a case is the following:

(*) Bugs reported for N900 Vanilla images but the fix is _only_ available so far for N900CE or other derivatives:

- Stay bug status as open (NEW, REOPENED...): This has some benefits in my opinion, for example, it avoids duplicating bugs, users testing in the Vanilla images will find this bug report and also add any comment if needed. - Once there is a fix for N900CE or other derivatives: Add a comment with the upstream merge or OBS submit request of such a fix. This way, Vanilla users finding this bug will find the fix is already available for one of the derivatives and they can just start using that instead if they want (hey ... project promotion through bug reporting :P) - Only set RESOLVED the bug once a specific decision or fix has been applied to this Vanilla image:
a) Bug fixed: set RESOLVED/FIXED and VERIFIED later.
b) Bug won't be fixed for N900 Vanilla image for X or Y reason (it is not always easy to know who takes this decision, Release Managers?, if RM are not sure, upstream developers could have a call here): the status is set to INVALID or WONTFIX, probably adding a comment stating the reasons.

I see two main and important advantages of this approach:

- Users of the image will still be able to find a bug report for the reproduced issue, hence avoiding duplicating bugs.
- Users will be able to find where the fix is already available.

This whole thing is probably a bit complex, like you said Iekku, but it'd be nice to make this clear so we can take full advantage of bug reporting for all these different image derivatives, we could come out with some guidelines not only for N900 platforms, but also any other ones.

Hopefully this thread might help to clarify or set some of these guidelines :) , I would be glad to add this to the wiki if you think it is good enough.

Please, comments, suggestions?

Regards,

- Luis