couple of cans of diesel purge

Luther Gulseth wrote:

Last evening I applied JB Weld to the valve cover baffle gap and swapped out the injectors with my 74kmi set from the Blue Bomber ('82 300D). 2 of the 5 were heavily carboned up, and the other 3 weren't all that great. All 5 of the heat shields were carboned up also. That done, today I checked/set the valves. Only 2 (4-intake and 3-exhaust) were slightly loose(less than 1/16 turn), the rest were correct. So I'm thinking that carbon is the problem here, and the fresher injectors and some VERY hard driving might cure the compression differences. Hopefully that's causing the oil usage also. Any thoughs?