> I haven't seen anything on the OSM pages that suggests the
> DigitalGlobe images are actually legal to trace with.  There one
> twitter reference to it, but that appears to be only in the context of
> Haiti.  The problem we (in Ireland) have noticed is that people are
> using the DigitalGlobe images for tracing, but that could be tainting
> the maps and existing data, if it is true that DigitalGlobe imagery
> cannot be used

You're most probably right. OTOH, I cannot take responsability for the use
of the tool I create.
It's a bit like the Bittorent / P2P pirating dilemna.
I already had the same problem when I implemented KML importing, which could
allow tracing on google earth and importing back in OSM. I was then told on
the dev list to go ahead, and that it was the mappers responsability to do
the right thing.

I could remove DigitalGlobe from the preset, that won't prevent the WMS
sevice from existing and to be added manually...

- Chris -