Hi,

At 11:07 AM 11/12/98 -0500, Michael Clark wrote:
>What (if any) are the concerns with having an account's password and user
>ID posted on a web page? Would someone be able to change the "Your Name"
>and "Your email address" fields with them? So if my school set up a web
>page to encourage people to join our team, could someone come along and
>usurp our work? Also, what would happen if someone changed (or deleted) the
>existing UserID and password in the middle of a LL test?

On your machine, set LockUserInfo=1 in prime.ini
The next time you run prime95, this will be sent to the server
which will then prevent anyone from changing your user name
or hijacking your results.

I know this is a rather kludgy way to implement teams, but it
is the only method at present.  Maybe someday we can do better.
If someone changes userids mid-LL test the credit will go to
the new userid (presumably the owner of the machine has abandoned
your team).

Perhaps a web page that contained an entire directory with filled
in .ini files (and LockUserInfo=1 set to disable the user info
dialog box) is the best way for you to go.

Scott Kurowski is the best person to answer your questions
regarding any possible danger in sharing your password.

Hope that helps,
George