Dear List-reader,
                I've been running Prime95 on my PII-400 at work, since December, and
I'm
currently on my second LL test !
And I've also been running it on my Celeron366 Laptop at home (When my wife
isn't playing Settlers 3). I decided to make the Laptop do Factoring, and
I've factored five numbers, all in the 11650000-11660000 range, as
allocated by Primenet, without finding a factor.
        So my question is, What are the odds on finding a factor ?

        I've looked in all the FAQ's, including the mailing list one, and can't
find it anywhere. I know that the odds for a LL test are 1 in 60000, but I
can't find out what the odds on finding a factor are ? Presumably all the
non-prime numbers have a factor so the odds should be 1 in 59999, but most
of these factors must be higher than 2^64 (Yes/No) ? So what are the odds
on a factor that prime95 will find ?

Alex Phillips

Campaign for Unmetered Telecommunications
http://www.unmetered.org.uk
Campaigning for a fair choice in telecommunications