From: "Gareth Randall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 9:49 PM
Subject: Mersenne: Primenet communication details.

> Hi,
>
> Could someone just confirm to me the server or DNS name that is contacted
by the mprime client in order to transfer information. I understand this
uses the HTTP protocol on port 80. Is this correct?

> I plan to relocate my mprime to a more powerful system. However, this
system won't be dialled up directly and it would be good if this system
could request a dial-up when it requires it. Thus the following idea: Have
an option that mprime can run a program of the user's choice when it wants
to make a network connection for any reason, and perhaps another when it has
finished. As both of these are noted in the "-d" output, this should be very
simple to code in.