--- Roland Scheidegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not likely, these are classic symptoms of a gpu lockup (including the
> full lockup when trying to kill the dri client), and I doubt it's due to
> miscompilation. More likely an ordinary driver bug (and if somehow
> wine/WoW really do such odd things as querying not-yet-specified vertex
> programs and maybe even trying to execute them it might hit some corner
> cases no one ever tested).

After a bit more experimentation, I can now say that the GPU will lock up if I
try to run Warcraft
in OpenGL mode having already run celestia 1.4.1. However, running Warcraft in
Direct3D mode after
running celestia currently looks OK.

So celestia can't be leaving the GPU in the same state that it found it in ...
for whatever
reason.

Cheers,
Chris

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html