Hi,

Mesa and Gallium3D include a big number of test and sample OpenGL apps.
A good portion depends on Glut so it could be built on many platforms.
Unfortunately, several samples which demonstrate recent OpenGL
functionality call extensions entry points directly, which is not
guaranteed to work on all platforms. GLEW library perfectly fills this
gap, providing a uniform compatibility layer, and therefore allowing to
build these sample apps with very little changes.

To make it easy to build the samples I plan to integrate the GLEW source
code directly into Mesa:
- include/GL/glew.h
- include/GL/glxew.h
- include/GL/wglew.h
- src/glew/LICENSE.txt
- src/glew/glew.c
- src/glew/glewinfo.c
- src/glew/visualinfo.c

This is just the barely needed to build the samples (no code
autogeneration harness or documentation). I don't expect we will need to
update the glew code, but if we do, we would send the patches upstream.

Let me know if there's any issue with this.

Jose