I have the idea that I can use groups to simplify the task of complex
geometry management. The aim is to have each group act as an independent
object, so that groups can be added or subtracted without having to change
any of the other existing groups.

The strategy is:
    1) For each group to have a "resizeStack" handler
    2) Each "resizeStack" handler sets the position of every within the
group unless it is a group, in which case it send a "resizeStack" message to
the group.

At the moment the problem I am having is that if I clone the group, the
scripts within the group seem to affect objects outside the group which
naturally enough now have the same name. Renaming the group does not help.
Of course renaming all 40 or so objects solves the problem, as would using
long names of id's. I was just wandering if there was a simple way of
restricting the action of a groups scripts to the groups contents?

Would it work in general to add "of me" to the short name of any object
referenced. Does this work with objects nested within groups in the group
concerned?

As always, any help appreciated, I'm working on a complex group and it could
take me a whole day to find out that some unforeseen problem with a naming
strategy brakes the entire strategy.

Ta