On 18/9/00 10:28 am, Peter Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've developed a CBT that uses a number of QuickTime movies that
> contain a Flash track for animation and a sound track for voice-over.
> I'm now being asked to add a text track for captions for those users
> who don't have sound or don't want to use sound (in a shared office
> for example).  QuickTime supports the addition of a text track, so I
> could have a single movie file containing all three tracks (video -
> Flash, sound - voice-over, text - captions).  Is there any way I can
> enable/disable QuickTime tracks in a movie under control of my
> MetaCard stack?  QuickTime Player supports this, so it's clearly a
> feature within QuickTime movies, it's just than I can't see how to
> get at this control from within MetaCard.

Check out the beta of 2.3.2, currently on the MetaCard ftp site
ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/2.3.2/

The read me lists loads of new QT properties, including the ability to
control QTVR, and yes, to turn on and off specific tracks in a movie.

Regards,

Kevin

> Cheers
>
> Peter

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited (formerly Cross Worlds Computing).
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.