on 9/18/00 7:14 AM, Blair Moxon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> through it. I would like to automate the 'walk through' process; record all
> of the mouse movements and mouse clicks and turn it into a Macro. Then I can
> hand it off to anyone and they can watch a canned version.
> Has anyone ever figured out a way of creating a macro for Metacard?

Another way to do this would be to use a screen capture utility. Gif-gIf-giF
from pedagoguery software is inexpensive and available for Mac and Windows,
and results in a gif file (surprise :-) The resulting file is generally
smaller than you might think--roughly 100-200k per minute, depending on
screen size and what you're recording. And for added points, you can import
the gif into QuickTime in order to allow better control, sound, etc., with
very little increase in file size.

http://www.peda.com

gc