On 21/9/00 8:59 am, Dave Cragg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A search for my smtp server address in the Windows Registry only
> produced a result in the settings for Outlook. So I guess each mail
> client keeps its own settings. I think you'll have to ask your users
> to enter the address themselves.
>
> But I'm still hoping someone else knows a way.

Hm - if you know the location for the settings for Outlook, then you should
just use those.  90% of people will be using Outlook as it is preinstalled,
so reading in those settings and then bringing up a screen for the user to
check the settings are correct the first time the program installs should do
the trick.  Those that aren't using Outlook can enter them then.

Regards,

Kevin

> Cheers
> Dave Cragg

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited (formerly Cross Worlds Computing).
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.