> Subject: Re: Standalone Metacard Document Distribution Support (SMDDS):
> Starter Kit suggestion..
>
> Sorry, but I thought the Starter Kit was a "Starter Kit" and that developers
> 'purchased' the license key to allow them to develop fully functional
> applications for distribution.
>
> I thought the "Starter Kit" was a way of allowing users to 'sample' the
> development environment before parting with their cash.

Yes, exactly. But both the Starter Kit, and anything yo decide to distribute
with the full paid-up development environment have the same (Script)
Limitations.

Making it easy for people to download, a runtime engine to view any stacks
made with either the fully licenced development environment (allowing you to
create stacks with more than 10 lines per object), or the Starter Kit (with
the script limits), would not affect Metacard's revenue or licencing model
in the slightest? Scott?

It just means that any of us with either of the Metacard development
environments could distribute tiny stacks (40k uncompressed), secure in the
knowledge that the end user could open them easily.

> Mmmmmm ! There's a lot (more) to think about here. I'll be back...
>
> Regards
>
> Gary Rathbone

I think so -:)