In VB you can type into text fields of open apps by using "appActivate"
(to launch the app or else bring it to the front), followed by the
"sendKeys" command (which does the typing).

Question: Can you do this with the MC "launch" or some other
command/function? That *would* be nice.

Seems to me I did something similar once from MC (on Win32) by using
"launch", but I wasn't typing stuff into the app - I was passing a
filename to it as part of the "launch" command. I was controlling
RealPlayer at the time. I'll see if I can locate that stack.

Phil

--
Phil Davis