Brian Kelley wrote:

Based on some previous posts to the metakit news group, I have learned that a metakit storage can be about 1.5 Gigabytes in storage before performance starts to decline. I.e. memory mapped access is no longer viable.

Good to know.

What happens if you have two storages open? Can each be 1.5 Gigabytes or does memory mapping not really scale this way.

Nope - address space is a per-process limitation. The real way out is 64-bit address space machines. You may be able to squeeze some slack with redundancy reduction, compression, etc - but it'll probably be hard and may not even offer much payback. If you have big data items, you can put them on file, seek/read as needed, and manage space in MK - but that too will take some work.

-jcw

PS. I disagree with the title!