Unless you close and reopen the files on demand, this is not possible.
We used files as large as 500 MB. We open upto 50 or more files concurrently
in multi threaded application. But the total we could push w/o 64
application
is 3 GB. (You need to run Windows 2000 advanced server or any W2003 server
to do this. Linux already allows 3GB out of box.