>> Which brings me to a follow-up question which I also need the
>> answer to
>> because it looks like I need to do it too: Has anyone had experience
>> compiling Metakit with the MSYS/MinGW toolset? Does it Just Work?
>
> Yes, it should.  Something like:
>       cd builds
>       sh ../unix/configure
>       make
> I.e. the same way things get built on Unix.
>
> -jcw

My initial attempt wasn't successful - when the make script runs

gcc -shared -o libmk4.so column.o custom.o derived.o fileio.o field.o
format.o handler.o persist.o remap.o std.o store.o string.o table.o univ.o
view.o viewx.o

gcc fails with screens and screens full of undefined references. I also
note that "libmk4.so" should presumably be "libmk4.dll" for MinGW.

I'll investigate further this evening and check that my environment is
sane - I'm using the MSYS/MinGW download from tcl.sf.net rather than the
one from the mingw.org. Watch this space.

Gareth