John,
If they test it it is to make *sure* that #1 it's a meteorite. #2 to see if it is a match to any other meteorite (Like Campo). They will be able to tell easily if it is. The pros on the meteorite list know their stuff. We've seen a LOT of scams over the years. Just offering a little insight here. Don't be so offended.

Have a good holiday!

Tom