There is a file, /etc/yum.conf, where you put "exclude=packagefoo*" to
tell yum not to mess with a particular package. I had to use it for
OpenOffice so I could download the latest 2.3 version from the OOo
website and not have yum keep trying to reload the fedora-customized
earlier version; it worked perfectly for me.

Jim Hartley

--
Teen Angel - a ghost story - http://teenangel.netfirms.com