On Apr 19, 2006, at 4:32 PM, Ryan King wrote:

<!-- the order is actually irrelevant here class="vcard agent" is synonymous -->

Which hcard does the 'agent' belong to?

If we were determining belonging with a nearest-parent algorithm that started with self,

We're *not* using nearest-parent here. We're parsing top down.

Isn't that just the same thing with a different name? Whichever direction you're parsing, you know which vcard a property belongs to by looking at the closest vcard in the hierarchy. What I'm asking is: why isn't the self considered the closest?